December 18, 2012

Matching Project Ideas to NEH Grant Programs

The National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) has developed an online resource to help faculty members target the funding opportunities best suited to their project ideas. Users can identify the appropriate NEH program by selecting from options such as these:
  • I want to host a program for faculty, scholars, or practitioners to expand their knowledge of a topic
  • I am organizing a scholarly conference
  • I want to develop or refine a humanities course or curriculum
  • I want to create a scholarly edition or reference volume
  • I am seeking support for an archaeological project
  • I want to preserve a collection and/or make it easier for people to access
  • I want to develop or put on an exhibition or cultural program
  • I want to combine digital technology with the humanities
  • I want to create a website with humanities content
  • I want to develop or produce a reading and discussion program.
Because NEH program officers are so willing to speak with prospective applicants, discuss project ideas, and, in almost all cases, review draft proposals, faculty members can also make real use of the NEH office and division contact list. Attendees at the GRC 2013 Conference on Funding Competitiveness will receive insight into NEH proposal development during a mock panel review led by Wilsonia Cherry, deputy director of the Division of Education Programs, on February 22, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment