Reasons why you should register for the Student Symposium at Ball State University:
- Registration is free! The costs of registering for academic conferences can often range into the hundreds of dollars. Here you have an opportunity to present and attend a well respected and established conference free of charge. (Did you know this was the 20th annual Student Symposium?)
- No travel time or expenses! Another large expense for those wishing to attend and present at academic conferences is the expense of travel. Since the Student Symposium is right here on campus you don't incur any of those expenses.
- It looks good on your resume/CV! Building your credentials while still in school is a great way to advance your career.
- Your work doesn't have to be completed! We're in the middle of the semester and your work on a project may not be finished yet, we get that. All that we ask is that you have enough work done to explain your ideas, methods, and expected outcomes.
- If you've never presented before this is a great first conference! At the Student Symposium you can learn what goes into preparing your work for public presentation, see what others have prepared for their presentations, and get feedback from your peers and University faculty and administrators.
- If you have presented before, this is still a great conference! You can never have too much experience. The Student Symposium is a great place to refine your presentation skills.
- You get to attend the conference, too! While you are presenting at the Student Symposium you can also take a look at what other participants have brought to present. Maybe you'll find inspiration for your next big idea, or a future collaborator. There is no bigger gathering on campus of student researchers ready to talk about their work, and you get to be right in the middle of the action!
- We have slushy punch and cookies! Do we really need to explain why this is a good thing?